Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 267: Wasabi Mayo


Yield: 1 cup
Time (Start to Finish): 15 min

Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp wasabi powder
1 lemon, zested
salt and pepper
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:
1. In a bowl, place the mayo with wasabi powder and lemon zest
2. Add the juice, and add more if you need it
3. Salt and pepper to taste

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Wonderful is this stuff! You can add more wasabi powder if you like something more spicy, or less if you like. The lemon adds a lot of flavor. I think it brightens things up a bit. Don’t add too much lemon juice. You don’t want a runny sauce. You can dip this in chicken wings, add it to a sushi dish, or a sandwich. Oh, and I am under 100 days left on my project! Isn’t that awesome! I am off to Hawaii tomorrow, and thus begins cocktail week! There may be a few dishes in there, but I will be without a kitchen, so I will do what I can. Enjoy this mayo!

No comments: