Yield: 8 mini Quiches
Time (Start to Finish): 40 min
1 round pie dough (I used Pillsbury)
¾ cup milk
3 slices cooked bacon
¾ cup mozzarella cheese
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
salt, pepper, garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. With a big round cookie cutter, cut the dough into 8 pieces that will fit in muffin tins
3. Press each piece of dough into the greased muffin tins so it makes a little pie crust
4. Bake for about 5 min until it stops being shiny.
5. In a bowl, mix the eggs and milk until smooth.
6. Add the cheese, cooked bacon, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder
7. Pour into each muffin tin not too high but to the top of the dough and bake about 15 min until they are cooked in the center
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: The dough was a little too thick. Next time I will roll it out a little but more. It also wasn’t tall enough on the sides, so the center spilled over and it was hard to take them out of the pan, but let me tell you, the rosemary gave it a super rustic taste. They were wonderful! A great new years eve brunch with the ladies and this was a great contribution. We had scrambles, scones, pancakes, and mimosas. Start the champagne off early! This can be made into a regular sized quiche very easily, so give it a twirl and send yourself off into a new year with a tummy filled with great food!