Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 176: Dessert Goat Cheese

Yield: 1 log
Time (Start to Finish): 5 min

Ingredients:
1 log FRESH goat cheese
1 orange, rinded
¼ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup pecans, chopped super fine

Directions:
1. Buy goat cheese from a farmers market or a very good local vender, this is all about the cheese
2. Add the orange, coconut, and pecans and mix. Then form into log or scoop into a bowl

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: This would not have been made without my girl Heather! I went into Brooklyn to check out the green market she runs and I got some fresh goat cheese! I got to mix it with yummy things and let me tell you, it is pure heaven! I would serve it with slices of poundcake and fruit, a great thing for a buffet. You can mix anything into this cheese, but these couple of things really add to the flavors. Thanks Heather!!! It was such a fun thing to do! Cooking in New York is hard, mainly because it is a short trip, so I want to fill it with seeing people and doing things. That is why I gave this a lot rating, because I didn’t spend much time on it. It works and is great, but I could have gotten a poundcake or made one with it. Enjoy guys!

No comments: