Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 173: Coffee Granita

Yield: 2 cups
Time (Start to Finish): 4 hours

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh strong brewed coffee
1 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp sugar
dash kalua

1 scoop vanilla ice cream

Directions:
1. Take the coffee and add the vanilla, sugar and kalua (leave out if you are serving to kids! But you shouldn’t serve them coffee anyways..)
2. Put into a shallow bowl and into the freezer
3. Every 45 min, with a fork, go in and scrape to break up the crystals
4. When it is fully frozen and flakey, take out and put in a bowl or cup with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I let it freeze a little too hard, so my scraping wasn’t so good, but this tasted delicious. Creamy, sugary, and coffee flavored. Use good coffee for a better taste. My favorite is gorilla from new york! I made this in the upper west side kitchen, and I swear it helped me stay awake for the craziness I got into!

No comments: