Yield: 1 lime
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min
1 cup water
1 cup sugar + more for rolling
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a sauce pot, combine the water and the sugar
2. With a zester or peeler, peel thick slices of the lime skin and add to the water
3. Add the vanilla
4. Bring water to a boil and let simmer until the peel is cooked through, should be about 15 min
5. In a bowl add the extra sugar
6. Drain the peel and roll in the sugar before it cools
7. Serve on drinks, plating, or on its own!
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: So first off, feel free to save the liquid. What you have made is vanilla lime simple syrup which is great to use to sweeten drinks or teas. You must try it! Also, these strips are a little bitter, even though they are covered in sugar. Im not generally a fan of candied peels, but the vanilla makes these taste a little better. You can do this with oranges, lemons, any citrus that has a thick skin. I like to just put out a bowl of these in different colors. I hope you like them!