Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 170: Breaky Rice

Yield: 1 person
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 egg
1/8 cup milk
bacon bits
¼ cup shredded mozzarella
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp rosemary
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat a skillet to med/med high
2. Mix the egg and the milk
3. Throw into the pan and scramble
4. When the egg is almost done, add the rice, cheese, bacon bits and spices to taste and stir until cheese melts
5. Serve alone or with a big glass of juice

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I love rice for breaky, and I don’t know if that is because I love I love Lucy and she used to make it for Ricky all the time, or if I actually like it. This is so yummy and filled me up big time!! I have a ton of bacon bits for some reason, so im trying to use this up, and as a warning, I added a lot of salt, but the cheese and bacon are salty, so be careful. A great start to a long day ahead. It sticks with you for sure.

No comments: