Yield: 12 cupcakes
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour
4 oz strawberry cream cheese
1/8 cup sugar
½ beaten egg
1 1/8 cup flour
¾ cup sugar
1/8 plus 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ beaten egg
¾ cup water
1/8 cup veggie oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with papers
2. In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese, sugar, ½ egg and salt until smooth and set aside
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda. Add the sugar and whisk.
4. Add the egg, water, oil and vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Pour chocolate batter into cupcake tins so it is 1/3 of the way filled in each tin
6. Then take the strawberry batter and fill so it is ¼ to the top.
7. Bake for 15-20 min until they are baked through
Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: There are 2 things I would change about this recipe. The first is I would make my own strawberry cream cheese by taking strawberries and regular cream cheese and blending them together. The second is using a different chocolate cake recipe. Maybe even the hershey’s one which I think is the best chocolate cake ever made. But, nonetheless, these are pretty killer and have been eaten up quick. They are moist because of the oil and creamy on top! You can make any flavor cream cheese too, but chocolate and strawberries are by far the best combo. The lightening is off in the pic, but they are a nice pink color which makes them cute too!