Yield: 2 people
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min
¾ cup steel cut oats
2 ½ cup water
½ tsp salt
½ cup ground flax seeds
½ cup toasted walnuts
¼ tsp cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp whipping cream
1 peach, perfectly ripe
1. Heat water in a saucepan with the salt.
2. When water boils, add the oats and stir lower temp. stir until the thickness you like, I like oatmeal thick.
3. Add the flax, cinnamon and cream and stir
4. Add the peaches and toasted nuts (toast them in a pan on the stove over med heat just until they are warmed through.
5. Serve with a hot cup of tea or a nice piece of toast with honey.
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Such a classically perfect Annie Breakfast. I love my oatmeal and especially love steel cut oats. The flax adds a touch of healthiness as well ad heartiness. The steel cut oats also make it heartier and takes maybe 5 min more than regular oatmeal. The peaches are in season (which is why a lot of my cooking has used them) and it’s a dish that sticks with you all day. Plus it makes the house smell warm and homey. Not much to report this morning. The sun is pouring through the windows; can you see the steam coming off the oatmeal pic?