Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 60: Asparagus with Pine Nuts and Caramelized Onions

Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
½ med yellow onion
salt and pepper

3 cloves garlic
½ cup pine nuts

2 cups asparagus
1 lemon, juiced

Directions:
1. Be patient with caramelizing onions…I promise you, if you are patient, they will make any dish 10 million times better.
2. In a pan on med heat, add the butter and the onions chopped into 1 inch pieces, salt and pepper.
3. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20—25 min or until brown and caramelly.
4. When they are almost done, add the chopped garlic and pine nuts and stir until they are almost cooked. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
5. Add the asparagus chopped into bite size pieces, and stir until the asparagus is almost cooked, about 3-5 min.
6. Add the lemon juice last, stir, and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve hot.

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Really, anything with caramelized onions is good. This dish is just classic, and the onions, lemon and pine nuts add SO much!! Oh, and its 60 days down! CRAZY! I just ate this whole bowl of asparagus; thank god I don’t have a boyfriend, haha. SO good. I could really just eat all the stuff besides the asparagus, but its there to make the other stuff ok to eat. Oh, and thanks to my girl Sarah Mayo in boston for chatting with me the whole time I made this, and even shared with me another asparagus recipe which I am sure to tweek and throw up here. Enjoy peeps!

No comments: