Saturday, September 26, 2009
Day 55: Cheesy Garlic Bread
Yield: 4-5 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min
¾ cup parmesan cheese
1 15 inch sourdough loaf
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 head garlic
1 ½ sticks butter
1. Preheat oven to 400F or to broil if you can figure it out. If you broil it, place the rack low to the bottom of the oven
2. Chop up the garlic head (which is one while white thing of garlic, deskinned) into little pieces and throw in a sauce pot. Also add the butter, garlic powder and salt.
3. Melt the butter mixture until just melted and barely begins to boil.
4. Take the bread and cut longways like making a big sup sandwich. Also cut into pieces, but don’t cut all the way through so you can tear off a serving.
5. When the butter is ready, spoon it or brush it on the bread making sure every bit it covered in buttery garlic goodness. Make sure to use every chunk of garlic
6. Take the parmesan cheese, grated, and put on top of the bread, also making sure it is even (you can toss the cheese with some spice if you want)
7. Bake on a sheet pan with foil in the oven until it begins to brown. Make sure not to overbake, so stay in the oven and keep an eye on it!
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: This dish is best served with good friends, good pasta, and season premieres of great shows. I had my cheesy bread with my dear gal pal lucy, a delicious meal she made of fettuccini alfredo and zucchini, and a season premier of greys anatomy. It was a classic night, and the bread fit right in. Oh, and thanks for the kitchen lucy! Its always nice doing guest kitchen appearances. let me just say, we ate a lot of garlic, so maybe we should have watched twilight or true blood, but that’s ok! Thanks lucy for the help! I love this bread, and I suggest getting a thick nice loaf, baguettes just are too thin and get too crispy. You can also just leave the cheese off and have yummy classic garlic bread…or leave the garlic out and just have cheesy butter bread…or just eat bread…but then…is it still my recipe? Sorry…I was a philosophy major…ill be thinking all night now…Enjoy!