Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 59: Pear Applesauce

Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
3 small apples, any kind
3 small pears, any kind
½ cup water
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 scrapes/sprinkles nutmeg
1 lemon, juiced

Directions:
1. Cut apples and pears into bite sized pieces. I left the skins on, but feel free to take them off
2. Put all the ingredients into a pot on med heat and cook until the liquid goes away, about 20 min.
3. Stir as much as you can, and keep covered for half of the time.
4. When it is almost done, take a potato masher and smash it into pieces. Smash until the thickness you desire
5. When done, serve hot, cold, on toast, however. You know its done when most of the liquid is gone and it is soft.

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: Welcome to autumn! I know it started a couple days ago, but I really felt it today. It was that crisp, leaf rustling kind of day that only fall has to offer. What would be more perfect than to wake the roomies with smells of cooking apples and cinnamon. Travis, my star eater, moved out today…it was sad…I wish I could have cooked something more to his liking, but, I will be sure to cook for/with him again…I hope Maggie’s house smells as good!! This recipe is so easy!! Really, its so simple I don’t know why I never made apple sauce before! And the pears add a nice sugary texture. You must try it, hot or cold, it will make you close your eyes and say, ‘mmmm….’ Oh..btw…the pic for today almost got deleted when my computer crashed, so its not the best of qualities…today I am a computer genius, I don’t know about future times, but today, I rocked the nerd…

No comments: