Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 40: Sammy

Yield: 1 sandwich
Time (Start to Finish): 10 min

Ingredients:
1 french roll
3 slices smoked turkey
butter, soft
½ avocado
3 slices havarti cheese
2 slices heirloom tomato
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. slice French roll in half and butter the sides. I know, most people like mayo and mustard, but sorry (mainly you Ross!) I don’t like those on sammy’s, I like butter…much be the English in me…)
2. place the turkey, and cheese on
3. in a bowl mix up the avocado and spread on the bread. Add salt and pepper, then the tomato.
4. Put together, cut in half and serve with potato salad of your choice!

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: After a long tiring car trip home, I struggled to find the energy to make something, and yes, a sammy came out of it! This is one of my feel good meals, and after a morning of eating energy bars and coffee drinks, I needed something light, fresh and yummy. Plus, with going out later, I needed a charge. This was just the ticket…pulled me out of a grumpy mood and onto cloud 9…who could ask for more? This sammy would be good with grilled garlic bread, and if you need to add mustard, fine, just don’t eat it near me!

No comments: