Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 53: Egg “Salad”

Yield: 1 serving
Time (Start to Finish): 10 min

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
½ tomato
2 over easy eggs
2 basil leaves
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
garlic salt and pepper
olive oil

3 pieces toast

Directions:
1. Cook on a skillet 2 eggs the way you want them. I like them over easy and with a little garlic salt and pepper
2. On a plate, place the cleaned spinach and dress with a little olive oil, garlic salt and pepper
3. Add the tomato cut up, I like heirloom
4. Add the basil, which I like to tear instead of cut for this, so its nice sized chunks.
5. Add the eggs over the salad at this point
6. Add the cheese so that it is on the warm egg and will melt a little bit, and then add more salt and pepper if needed.
7. Toast the pieces of bread with a little oil and nothing else. The salad will be flavorful enough, and enjoy for breakfast!

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: Like my play on the egg salad?? HAHA, it’s a salad with eggs, not a mayo egg salad!! I am so funny and tricky. No seriously, I must say, this is my most rushed meal yet. I didn’t have much time, and I had stuff to use in the house, so I just busted it out. It was SUPER yummy, and it felt really good to eat a salad for breakfast, but kinda on the boring side. Fresh ingredients a must and as always make any dish better, and its nice to know I can make something like this before sending myself off for work. You can do the same! Salad for breaky! Amazing!!!

No comments: