Yield: About 8 crepes
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp melted butter
½ tsp cinnamon
1. In a bowl, whisk all ingredients (NOT syrup whipped cream or fruit) and set aside.
2. Heat a skillet with a flat area to med heat.
3. Make sure pan is greased and have some type of flipping divice, a fork or knife handy
4. Pour about ½ cup batter into the pan and swirl pan around so it is as flat and round as possible. When it starts to be less battery and cooked on one side, take fork and flip crepe with your hand. The fork is just to get a corner up and use hands to flip. It will be hot so do it fast!
5. Take off the heat and repeat, making sure each time the pan is greased. You also want to not make the crepes brown very much. This whole process takes about 2-3 min.
6. When they are done, place in a big stack. Take a crepe, fill with fruit, cream and syrup and serve about 3 per person
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I made these with my main squeeze Vinny while in LA. I have known him since high school, so 10 years or so, and I was staying with them. It was fun to use a different kitchen, and wake up in their house and say, I need to cook something, what do you want? Vinny picked crepes and they were great. I gave them a 4 because they were yummy in my tummy, but they could be made better with honey and some lemon on the fruit. Thanks for helping me cook, Vinny, and thanks Will for letting me stay with you guys…you are the best friends a girl can have (Will I have known each other since high school too…2 of my closest friends to this day…) Note to self: Always bring cinnamon when you travel Annie. That stuff is not cheap and no one has it in their cupboards…