Yield: 1 8’’ pan
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour 20 min
½ stick butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup heavy cream
1 pint blueberries
½ stick butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease baking dish.
2. In a bowl, mix soft butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 min.
3. Add vanilla and egg and mix until also smooth
4. Mix flour, baking powder and salt and ½ of it to the egg mixture.
5. Add the milk
6. Add the rest of the flour.
7. Cut peaches into same size as the blueberries and dust all fruit with a little flour and mix into batter (I used my hands so not to break the blueberries)
8. Put into the pan and flatten.
9. In another bowl mix butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon and mix with hand until together. Crumble on the top of the batter.
10. Bake for 1 hour. At about 40 min, check and if its brown on top, cover with foil. Bake until knife comes out almost clean. You don’t want it to be dry.
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: Its cloudy and cold this morning, and I woke the roomies with smells of berries and bread…not too bad! This is so good! And it is almost time to say goodbye to blueberries for the year, so I bought a ton! This bread you can add strawberries, raspberries, anything really. Its quite delicious and comforting and goes perfect with a big cup of tea and a few episodes of I Love Lucy (my favorite show) The crumbles on top were a tad sweet for me, I even thought of adding some nuts, but still this is an almost perfect dish.