Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 38: White Cheddar Sage Grilled Cheese

Yield: 1 sandwich
Time (Start to Finish): 5-10 min

Ingredients:
2 slices sourdough bread
4-5 slices white cheddar (sharp)
3 sage leaves
1-2 Tbsp butter, soft

Directions:
1. Take skillet and heat to med
2. Butter one side of each of the slices of bread
3. Chop up the sage into fine pieces
4. Place cheddar on one slice, sprinkle the sage on, place the other bread slice on, butter sides out and put on skillet
5. Flip when the bread browns, and then remove from heat when both sides are cooked
6. Slice in half and enjoy!

Rating: 4.5 strawberry
Notes: This is another recipe that is all about the ingredients, so make sure to get quality bread and cheese, and fresh sage. I ate this at 6am while driving down the 5 to visit friends and family, and I thought for sure I wouldn’t be wanting to eat it. The second I took a bite though I ate the whole thing! It was SO good! Sage and white cheddar is a great combo! I think it would be better when just off the grill, and it is a powerful flavor, so a light drink and maybe some plain chips, but such a good sandwich...and perfect with a sunrise!

No comments: