Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 45: Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min

Ingredients:
½ cup butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 ¼ cup walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a mixer, mix butter and sugar until creamy
3. Add egg and vanilla and scrape bowl
4. Sift flour, cocoa and cinnamon (important!!) and add to mixer. Be sure to turn mixer to low!
5. With hand spatula, mix the nuts in.
6. Roll into 1-inch balls and flatten onto baking sheet. Place 2 inches apart, they don’t spread too much.
7. Bake for 8 min or until the cookie stops being shiny. It’s hard to tell with chocolate, so feel free to touch or lift cookie. If bottom feels done, they are done.

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: They are So chocolaty and would be even better with a big glass of milk!! I made these for my friend Will who sent me my journal, and I mailed them to him. They pack really well and will last until he receives them, Thursday. My roomie travis scarfed the rest, and let me tell you, if I was home alone with them I would do the same. They are small enough to pop in your mouth, which is dangerous…because then you do! Enjoy these little trouble makers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, you are mailing food now? Where can I place an order??