Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 104: Pantry Bars

Yield: 8 by 8 inch pan
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min

Ingredients:
2 cups graham crackers
6-8 Tbsp melted butter

1 bag shredded coconut
¼- ½ cup peanut butter chips
¼- ½ cup chocolate chips
½ tsp cinnamon

¼- ½ can sweetened condensed milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Melt the butter and in a bowl mix with the graham crackers and cinnamon until if holds together when you squeeze it in your hand
3. Press on the bottom of your pan and bake for about 3 min
4. Let cool and then sprinkle on the top peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and walnuts evenly throughout
5. Add the coconut and you want to cover all parts of the bar. You may use the whole bag or not, but make sure all parts are covered
6. Take the condensed milk and pour over the coconut making sure to coat all the coconut. Stop when you have covered it all. It may take half a can, maybe less or more. Let sit for about 10 min so it soaks in
7. Bake until the coconut is brown on top. You may need to rotate half way through so the coconut is evenly browned. Let cool and cut into bars

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I call these pantry bars because I had a lot of left over things, coconut, chops, crumbs, and this really cleaned it out. I got rid of 4 bags of things AND created a tasty treat! I made a similar thing when I worked at magnolia but I changed it around by adding the cinnamon and other little tweeks. They are really tasty. Also, I have finally caught up on my blog!! I apologize for having been so gone from the blogging. I can assure you I have been cooking every day and have NOT ONCE slacked and not cooked something. We needed to have a little family time and blogging and being perky just wasn’t what I was feelin, but filling people I love with good food was always on the top of my list. Thanks for baring with me guys! I hope you enjoy these recipes that I just bombarded you with, and ill try my best to keep up with it more!

No comments: