Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 117: Mac and Yams

Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 40 min

Ingredients:
1 box Macaroni and cheese
hollandaise sauce
¼ cup yam pieces
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp milk

Directions:
1. Boil the macaroni in salted water until it is cook. Drain and set aside
2. In another pot, boil sliced and peeled yam pieces until they are tender when poked with a fork
3. In a pot, add the cheese packet, hollandaise sauce, and milk until mixed and smooth.
4. Add the macaroni and stir.
5. Add the yam and pepper if needed.

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I liked this more than I thought I would. I thought this would be one of those big flip recipes. Looks like I was wrong! It turned out really good, and I feel like I want to make a baked home made version of this. Weird huh? Made when I got home late from work and just grabbed things from the shelf before heading out. A good meal for when you are in a rush, and keeps you full for a nice long night. Enjoy! Sorry the pic is blurry, it was steamy!

No comments: