Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 94: Sweet and Spicy Walnuts

Yield: 1 cup nuts
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp butter
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp cayenne
` 1 cup walnuts

Directions:
1. In a skillet on the stove over med heat, mix all ingredients until you smell the nuts and the brown sugar and butter have stuck to the nuts and aren’t super greasy anymore
2. Feel free to add more cayenne or cinnamon if it isn’t spicy enough, but I like it when you get hit in the back of the throat with the spice, not right away

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: These flew into my mouth and I ate them so fast! They are incredible, and great to throw into bowls around the house during a party. That is how I invented them. They are perfect, but I just put them on the kitchen table for the roomies, but they were gone in no time. Try them out, and even with different nuts. You can leave out the spice, you can throw them on a salad, and they are just to die for!

No comments: