Yield: 12 wings
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour
12 chicken wings
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup lemon chicken panko seasoning
2 Tbsp cayenne powder
salt and pepper
¼ cup flour
1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup hot sauce
oil (for deep fryer)
blue cheese dressing
1. Make sure the wings are room temp
2. Take your deep fryer and set it on chicken, or read the directions and set it to the correct temperature and heat the oil
3. Take 3 bowls. In one place the flour, in the second mix the buttermilk and the hot sauce. In the third mix the bread crumbs, panko seasoning and cayenne, salt and pepper
4. Take the chicken wings, dip them in the flour, then the buttermilk mix, then the breadcrumbs and drop them in the deep fryer 3 at a time.
5. You will know they are done when they are a dark brown on the outside and begin to float a little bit.
6. Serve hot with the blue cheese sauce
Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: These were made on a nice chill Sunday in Portland! Thanks ellis! They were super tasty, but we both agreed that they needed to be more spicy. I might even add some spice to the dipping sauce. Ours didn’t float like a lot of the chicken wing recipes say, but they came out moist and delicious. You can cook them in a pan with oil, and I might look up directions on how to do that, but we were lucky enough to have a deep fryer. They taste best with a good movie and a cold beer.