Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 111: Apple Green Bean Risotto

Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 30-45 min

Ingredients:
1 Box Parmesan Cheese Risotto (or my basic risotto, no wine or veggies)
½ granny smith apple
½ cup fresh green beans

Directions:
1. Make boxed risotto as directions say, or make my risotto. You CAN add the wine, but leave out the veggies.
2. When it is close to being done, so the liquid is almost all gone, throw in cut up peeled green apple and cut up green beans.
3. They will cook just enough so when it is done they are still crunchy, but cooked a little.

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: So I love boxed risotto sometimes, and a simple parm one can for sure hit the spot. I LOVE adding apple to things like this, and the green beans really added a lot. I wish I had maybe cooked them a little bit more, blanched them maybe. Anyways, it is a super warm meal, sweet and savory, and I love mixing the two. Enjoy with a nice white wine, or a glass of lemon water. Oh, a squeeze of lemon would be EPIC in this!!

No comments: