Yield: 6-8 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour
1 med yellow onion
5 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
¼ cup white wine
16 oz lentils
32 oz chicken stock
curry seasoning (to taste, about 2 Tbsp)
1. in a big pot, cook the onion with the oil and salt and pepper until it is soft, about 5-10 min
2. add the carrot, peeled and chopped, as well as the garlic, chopped small, and cool for just a few seconds
3. add the lentils, and then about half of the chicken stock,and the wine
4. keep stirring and cook on med or med high until it soaks in
5. add more stock and cook until the lentils are soft. Add more stock if you want a thinner soup.
6. Add the curry seasoning to taste and serve with crusty bread.
7. Right before serving, squeeze in the lemon to brighten all the flavors.
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: Ok, so this makes a lot of soup. I suggest cutting it in half for sure, but keep the lemon the same. I learned about a soup like this while in New York, and it is just SO easy to make and so filling and tasty. Our house is SO COLD!! I am in a down jacket and blanket right now and am STILL freezing, so a warm bowl of filling soup is perfect. Serve it with some amazing bread and you have a super super winner. Plus it is healthy.