Monday, July 5, 2010
Day 316: Lemon Honey Ice
Yield: 2 cups
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min plus 6 hours
1 cup lemon juice
½ cup honey
3 Tbsp sugar
½ cup water
1 mint leaf
1. Mix all ingredients together and taste. Adjust according to the flavor, add more sweetening, or more lemon
2. Remove the mint leaf if it holds too much flavor and put liquid in a freezer able container.
3. Every 30 min, stir mixture with a fork
4. Ad it crystallizes, break them up so it becomes a soft ice
5. Serve in a bowl on a hot day
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: So this wasn’t the warmest of days, but this was a nice treat nonetheless. It is like frozen lemonade! I like adding the honey to mix up the sweetness from always just sugar. It does make it take longer to freeze then, but it is worth it! It I best to serve this the day you make it or a day after because otherwise the ice crystals become too big. I hope you like this little treat!!