Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 336: Fish Tacos


Yield: 3-4 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour 30 min

Ingredients:
corn tortillas

1 avocado
1 mango
handful fresh cilantro
2 limes
1 ripe peach
salt and pepper

2 fillets cod
coconut oil
salt and pepper

macadamia nuts, crushed and toasted
coconut, toasted
extra limes for garnish

Directions:
1. Heat a skillet and take the cod and cook it in coconut oil on the pan. You can coat with bread crumbs if you like, or cook it on a grill
2. Take the avocado, mango and peach and cut them into equal sized pieces
3. Put in a bowl and squeeze limes over them and add salt and pepper to taste
4. Combine the coconut and the macadamia nuts and put to the side
5. To assemble, toast up a tortilla, place the fish on top, then the salsa, and sprinkle with coco/mac mixture.

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: This is so light and fresh!! I would make sure to get ripe fruit, my peach was a little firm, and I would cook the fish with a little more flavor, maybe even coating it in the coco/mac mixture when I pan cooked it. I may even add a jalapeño for a little kick, which I forgot to get at the store. I made a little too much, so thanks bobby and Jeanne for helping me eat it!! A summery meal for sure, but eaten inside on a chilly san fran kind of day. The crunch of the macadamia nuts is really what makes this dish something, and the coconut makes me think I am in a tropical island. Please make this! It is a killer recipe!

No comments: