Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 323: Chocolate Strawberry Muffins


Yield: 6 muffins
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup butter
¾ cup chocolate chips
6 big fresh strawberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with papers
2. In a mixer mix the eggs and sugar until light
3. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, alternating with the milk
4. Add the vanilla
5. Melt the butter and add it as well
6. With a spatula fold in the chocolate chips and pour into each muffin tin
7. Chop up the strawberries and put each one in the center of each muffin, making sure the tops are covered. You can sprinkle more chocolate chips on top
8. Bake for about 20 min until they are cooked through the center

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: I always have trouble with chocolate muffins because they are so dessertlike I just cant eat them for breakfast! Chocolate and strawberries are my FAVORITE combo, and this is just what I needed today. A bit of a hangover, just broke up with my boy, and about to go play slosh ball in the park with a group of college boys…a muffin made from my 2 favorite things is just the ticket. They are light and fluffy, and I even thought they would be good with peanut butter chips in them. This recipe was one of the hardest for me to make...i just did not want to bake today, but I am so close to the end I cant quit now! I hope you make them and love them guys, they sure as hell perked me up and put a fat ol smile on my face.

No comments: