Monday, July 19, 2010
Day 343: Popcorn Butter
Yield: 1 cup
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min
½ cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp honey
1/8 cup popcorn, cooked and the brown skins removed
small pinch cayenne
small pinch nutmeg
1. Take the cream and beat in a food processor until it turns into butter, about 5-7 min, and remove the liquid keeping the butter in the processor.
2. You CAN buy a stick of unsalted butter and soften it, but fresh is always better
3. Make sure all the popcorn pieces are without the brown skins and add to the food processor with the honey, salt, cayenne and nutmeg. Blend until combined
4. Take butter, taste, and adjust the seasonings, and press into a dish and chill
5. Serve with bread for dinner!
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: This is something to make for a dinner party for sure. Serve it with bread and it is so good! It tastes like popcorn. I saw a recipe for something similar in a magazine, and I had to try it with a little twist of course. It is so tasty, and if you blend it right it is smooth and delightful. People will be very impressed and intrigued by it. I hope you try this out, and I wont get mad if you go buy a stick of butter…I think I will next time.