Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 327: Dessert Macaroni and Cheese



Yield: 1 8x11 pan
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour

Ingredients:
3 cups macaroni noodles
12 oz cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup white chocolate
1 recipe streusel (Day 326)
½ cup sugar

Directions:
1. Cook the noodles in a pot of sugared water. Take water, bring to a boil with about 2 Tbsp sugar in it and cook the noodles, strain and cool
2. In a separate bowl combine the cream cheese, softened, sour cream, vanilla and 1/c cup sugar until smooth
3. Melt the white chocolate in microwave and whisk into the mixture.
4. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more sour cream or sugar to smooth it out. Taste and adjust seasonings, add more vanilla if needed or more melted chocolate
5. Add the noodles and mix until they are coated
6. Preheat the broiler
7. Pour into a pan and pat down
8. Sprinkle the streusel on top covering it
9. Bake in the broiler until the topping is just beginning to brown. Serve warm or cold

Rating: 5 strawberries
Notes: Happy Birthday Maggie!! I went to a macaroni and cheese birthday party where there is a big contest, and this was my entry. 2 prizes were given, one for best tasting and one for most creative, and I won most creative by a landslide!! How cool! This is my first culinary award!!! I was so happy I almost cried. I also had multiple people come up to me asking If I had tried the dessert mac and cheese and how good it was without them knowing I had made it, what a big compliment. This mac and cheese was so easy to make it almost scared me, and I thought it up while I was folding shirts at work, how silly! This is a must try if you are going to a pot luck. It will blow everyones minds. It is good in small portions, I couldn’t sit down and eat a big slab, but so so good!! I really don’t think it could have been any better. I hope you try this and thanks for the prize Maggie!! (She has been with me in this project since the beginning, you rock girl)

No comments: