Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 319: Cinnamon Refried Beans


Yield: 2 cups beans
Time (Start to Finish): 15 min

Ingredients:
1 can refried beans
½ yellow onion
olive oil
salt and pepper
cinnamon to taste

Directions:
1. Cook the onion in olive oil on med until it is soft and cooked
2. Add the can of beans and stir to combine, heating through
3. Add a touch of salt and pepper and cinnamon until you can taste it, usually about 2 Tbsp. serve warm

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: I gave this a low rating because I didn’t do too much to it. I could have made the pinto beans from scratch, but really it is quite tasty. Where would you serve these? At a 4th of july party, any type of bbq. The cinnamon is a cool twist on classic pinto beans, so I really suggest trying it. It is much tastier than it may appear. I wouldn’t really use this if you were making burritos, but as a side it is perfect. They are quick when in a pinch, I am in a rush today, hah!

No comments: