Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 350: Avocado Mango Guacamole


Yield: 1 bowl
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
1 avocado
1 mango
2 limes
salt and pepper
1 small yellow onion
1 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove

Directions:
1. Chop up the onion and the garlic clove together very fine
2. Chop the mango into small pieces as well
3. Take the avocado and mash in a bowl
4. Add the lime juice, salt and pepper, and onion powder
5. Add the mango and garlic/onion, and mix together
6. Taste and adjust seasonings

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: It needs cilantro!!! That is why it is not better! Get some fresh cilantro and throw it in there! I tried to make an avocado soup, but I didn’t have any thinning agent, like cream or chicken stock, so I made this awesome guacamole. It is good and different, but for sure needs cilantro. Good with salty chips and watching any type of game, or just for dinner if you are me. I have made a lot of Guacamoles and this one is a nice twist. I hope you try it out. I bet you could even put in a little fresh basil. Enjoy!

No comments: