Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 348: Grilled Honey Watermelon


Yield: 4 slices
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
4 slices watermelon
¼ cup honey
½ lemon, juiced
sprinkle salt
pinch nutmeg

Directions:
1. Heat up your grill or grill pan
2. In a bowl combine the honey, lemon juice, salt and nutmeg. Leave a little honey aside or have extra for after
3. Brush both sides of the slices of water melon with the mixture
4. Place the watermelon on the grill and grill both sides until it begins to brown. You can brush with more mixture if you like if there is any left
5. Drizzle with a little honey when it is done and serve

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Thanks for the idea Eric!! This is actually pretty tasty, but I gave it a lot rating because I love watermelon so much and I feel its one of those things you shouldn’t mess with. It is warm, sweet and salty which is a combo I love. It also has a very interesting smell!! You have to give it a try. This is again my aim at brightening up this summer cloudiness, and it did help perk me up. The honey seals the deal on this one. I hope you like it!

No comments: