Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 351: Rocky Road Ice Cream


Yield: 1 pint
Time (Start to Finish): 5 hours

Ingredients:
3 cups heavy whipping cream
chocolate sauce (to taste)
½ cup condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mini marshmallows
½ cup toasted almonds
½ cup toasted pistachios
½ tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. In a bowl combine the cream with the chocolate sauce, condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon and taste to adjust flavors
2. Pour into your ice cream maker and according to directions make the ice cream
3. When it comes out smooth like soft serve, add the marshmallows, almonds and pistachios and put in the freezer until it is frozen and enjoy!

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I just didn’t have time to make a deep rich chocolate ice cream base, so this is a nice quick fix. You can make a chocolate crème anglaise if you like, but if you don’t have time, like me, this is the way to go. You don’t NEED an ice cream maker, but I highly recommend it, they make it smooth. This ice cream is my favorite flavor. I LOVE rocky road, and have been eating so much of it lately, I know I needed to just make some. I added the pistachios because there was a rocky road in Colorado that used to do that and I loved it! You can add any chocolate sauce you like, I used Ghirardelli, which is awesome and by my work, but any sauce will do. Better sauce, better final product. I hope you try this out and love it.

No comments: