Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 347: Chicken Potato Salad


Yield: 1 cups
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min

Ingredients:
1 can chicken
mayonnaise
¼ cup chipped red onion
2 red potatoes, cooked lightly
fresh dill chopped up
1 tsp yellow mustard
salt and pepper
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
½ lemon, juiced

Directions:
1. Take the chicken out of the can, drained and put in a bowl
2. Add the cooked potato pieces and the onion and set aside
3. In a bowl, combine the mustard, red wine vinegar, onion powder, dill, and mayo until of makes a sauce. Usually about ½ cup mayo
4. Toss the mixture into the chicken potato mix and taste. Adjust seasonings accordingly
5. Finish with the lemon juice!

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I have made a lot of potato salads in my day, and in this blog, and I feel like they are a cake walk for me, so I think that is why I gave it a low rating. This is classic and good. A nice staple, and a really yummy treat. You can use roasted chicken or grilled chicken, but canned works really well here. You can even use tuna if you want, but I think it is a little heavy. It is getting colder here in San Fran, and I think this is me holding hope that this summer will be hot hot hot…come on sun! act like the food I serve! Be summer!!!

No comments: