Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 321: Left Over Thai Wrap


Yield: 1 wrap
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min

Ingredients:
1 spring roll wrap
1 carrot
1 cucumber
left over red curry, about ½ cup
handful fresh cilantro
1 green apple
water

Directions:
1. Take the carrot, cucumber and apple and cut into long think ¼ inch thick strips
2. Take the cilantro and cut up
3. In a bowl put the veggies and the cilantro and pour in a little of the red curry and mix up
4. Take the spring roll paper and dip it in water to soften
5. Fill with the veggie mixture and wrap up so all sides are closed
6. Heat up the rest of the red curry liquid and serve on the side as a dipping sauce.

Rating: 3 strawberries
Notes: What a weird invention. I mean, it was good tasting, but I don’t know when I would really serve this. The left over curry sauce was from my red curry with chicken last night and all that was left was the sauce and bell peppers, so I had to use the sauce for something and dump the peppers as fast as possible. My roomie left some spring roll wraps, and I had some veggies, and you know how I am with green apple, throwing it in everything, so I thought this was a fun little dish. I also liked how it was a hot sauce and a cold wrap, which is not normal. I would only really try this if you had the stuff, I wouldn’t seek it out, but I must say, it felt healthy and tasted yummy and was a great use of leftovers.

No comments: